The Kandy Nursing Homes (pvt) ltd. (KNH) was inaugurated in 1947. At first it served the populace of the Kandy District and surrounding regions as a Maternity Care Centre and the first baby was delivered by Dr.V.H.L.Anthonisz o the 31st January 1947, thereafter was expanded to cover all surgeries, medical and nursing care and is today a well developed hospital with 30 Rooms with all modern amenities.
This Private medical institution is the first of such managed by Eminent Medical Professionals. The first Board of Directors were
1. Dr.G.W.Karunarathne – Chairman
4. Dr.L.W. Vitharana
5. Mr. W.A.B.Soysa
KNH Proudly remained the only Private Medical Hospital in the Kandy District up to the 1970′s.
The Hospital is situated in the Heart of the Hill Capital Kandy Sri Lanka in serene and beautiful environment, the peace and comfort available here is matched by no other private hospital. The layout of the Hospital area is 1.75 acres, The Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic ” Sri Dalada Maligawa”, The Beautiful Kandy Lake and the Forest reserve of Udawattakalle is in its very close proximity.
The KNH enjoys the proud distinction of being the only Private Medical Institution out of Colombo that has received Government approval to undertake Kidney Transplant Surgery.
FOOT CARE CLINIC
For DIABETIC PATIENTS
Foot Care Clinic for diabetic Patients available on Week days from 10.00 a.m. by Consultant Surgeon Dr. R J K Seneviratne.
For more information contact OPD
Upgraded Facilities in Kandy Nursing Homes (Pvt.) Ltd.
Exam Types supported include:
Charges revised with effect from 1st July 2017 for more details click here